In the name of Allah, the most beneficent, the most merciful. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds and may His peace and blessings continue to be on the best of mankind, Prophet Mohammed ( Salallahu Alayhim Wasalam), his family, companions and the rest of the Muslims. I greet you with the best of greetings; As salam Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa barakatuh.
The Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) stated in one of his numerous hadith about the significance of learning to read the Quran. He (SAW) said, “the best of you are those who learn the Quran and teaches it”. On this note, we have to learn the Quran first to be able to teach it and be classified amongst the very best of people.
Other rewards that can be obtained from learning the Quran and the individual hadith which states the reward is described below
- Increasing one’s status in life: when ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab ( Radiyallahu anhu) was still a caliph, he was asked some questions by some men regarding his leadership of Makkah. The men asked: “Who do you use to govern Makkah?” He (RA) said: “Ibn Abzaa.” They asked: “And who is Ibn Abzaa?” ‘Umar (RA) replied: “One of our freed slaves.” They remarked: “You left a freed slave in command of the People of the Valley (the noble tribes of the Quraysh)?” He (RA) replied: “Indeed he is a reciter of the Book of Allah and is knowledgeable about the obligations of the Muslims. Haven’t you heard the statement of your Messenger (SAW): “Verily Allah raises some people by this Book and lowers others by it””?
The encounter between Umar (RA) and some curious men shows that the Quran is capable of elevating one in this life and changing one’s situation for the better.
- Interceding for us on the day of resurrection: “Read the Quran, for indeed it will come on the Day of Standing (Judgement) as an intercessor for its companions.” [Muslim].
The hadith mentions that the Quran would intercede for us on a day that even family members would abandon one another and everyone would be scared for his or her own fate only. He Quran therefore acts not just as an intercessor but also as a companion at this time.
- Proof for or against us on the day of resurrection: “And the Quran is a proof for you or against you.” [Muslim].
The Quran would either speak for or against us, based on our treatment and closeness to it, therefore it is advised to learn how to read it and study it regularly.
- There are at least 10 rewards gotten from each letter of the Quran recited:“Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward, and this reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that ‘Alif, Lam, Meem’ (a combination of letters frequently mentioned in the Holy Quran) is a letter, rather I am saying that ‘Alif’ is a letter, ‘Lam’ is a letter and ‘Meem’ is a letter.” [At-Tirmithi] .
This hadith specifies that a lot of rewards are gotten from each letter recited and 10 rewards per letter are just the minimum. During Ramadan, this reward is further increased and as such the Quran should be learnt to achieve these rewards.
- The Quran reciters would be in the company of the obedient angels in Paradise: “Indeed the one who recites the Quran beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. As for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have twice that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
This hadith encourages us to learn to read the Quran and even the one who only attempts would still be greatly rewarded.
These rewards show that there is much more to be gained from learning the Quran both in this life and in the hereafter and it is important to always strive to learn to read the Quran.
Learning Quran online
The world as a global village provides the opportunity to learn anything online and the Quran is not an exception. Gaining quality Quran knowledge coupled with tajweed classes, memorization lessons through the best tutors is possible online. TarteeleQuran.com is an example of a website which provides quality and rewarding opportunities for anyone to learn the Quran; young or old.
Learn Quran online for kids
Learning the Quran is advised for everyone at any age but never more so in children. Young ones have been observed to learn the Quran faster and easier than adults as a result of a sharper memory and the ability to memorize better. As a result, when kids learn to read the Quran, they also can incorporate ideal memorization.
When children learn the Quran online, it provides an easy and effective method to learn. Children are known to be impatient, so having a class that can be downloaded, rewatched and having a parent who can supervise the class is the best solution. On this note, children learning the Quran is best done online as it is more efficient for everyone involved.
Learning Quran online with tajweed
Tajweed classes provide an avenue to learn to recite Arabic the right way; similar to the pronunciation used by the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). With the increasing population of Muslims in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada, there is a need for a proficient tajweed teacher so that the Muslims there can learn the proper way.
Therefore, for Muslims in predominant non-muslim countries who may not find teachers with extensive knowledge in tajweed, then the best option would be to learn through a qualified and reputable tutor online who has vast knowledge in Tajweed.
In conclusion, “actions are judged by their intentions” and so intending to learn the Quran would bring reward and actually going through it would bring even more reward. Therefore, we should always act with the best intentions and especially about learning the Quran and the Almighty would reward us, bi idnillah. So join https://www.tarteelequran.com to learn the Quran with Tajweed.